- Research Interests
- Selected Publications
Dr. Ferreira's research focuses on language production and communication. Specific research questions center on how speakers form sentences, how speakers retrieve and produce individual words, and how the knowledge that speakers and listeners have of one another affects language production behavior.
- Hall, M. L., Mayberry, R. I., & Ferreira, V. S. (2013). Cognitive Constraints on Constituent Order: Evidence from elicited pantomime. Cognition, 129, 1-17.
- Ferreira, V. S., Bock, K., Wilson, M., & Cohen, N. J. (2008). Memory for syntax despite amnesia. Psychological Science, 19, 940-946.
- Wardlow Lane, L., Groisman, M., & Ferreira, V. S. (2006). Don’t talk about pink elephants! Speakers’ control over leaking private information during language production. Psychological Science, 17, 273-277.
- Ferreira, V. S. & Dell, G. S. (2000). The effect of ambiguity and lexical availability on syntactic and lexical production. Cognitive Psychology, 40, 296-340.
- Ferreira, V. S. (1996). Is it better to give than to donate? Syntactic flexibility in language production. Journal of Memory and Language, 35, 724-755.
Updated Jan 2015